Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Thinking of getting pregnant?

I was always leery about programs like Aflac and other secondary insurance programs, but I've done some reserach on them and they really seem to be a great idea. I would highly recommend looking into a program if you plan on having a baby soon. One plan we are considering would be to pay out about $4,000 (in smaller monthly payments) and then we would get back about $12,000 back in cash regardless of additional insurance we may have.

Aflac is pulling out of Utah so you have to sign up by Thursday (tomorrow) so hurry, but there are other options available besides Aflac that aren't leaving the state.

An agent my friend recommended I talk to was: Greg Davies 801-999-8504
He was very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. We did this. We had a combination of Aflac/Conseco. We paid about $150 a month and then we got about $5500-$6000 when Abby was born, we paid for a year so we pocketed about $4000. (Our hospital co-pay was only $100.) If we had an 80/20 instead of 100% coverage it would have covered the hospital bill plus probably a little bit extra. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to get pregnant, especially if you get pregnant quickly when you are trying. However, I think you can pay in for about 18 months before it ends up not making you money.

    ReplyDelete