Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tips from Cheryl

Great ideas from Cheryl's blog:

So, I've been meaning to post some tips I've gotten from others that I thought might be useful to some of you reading this. I always like reading everyone else's tips and stuff.

1) Use baby powder to 'spruce' up your hair on those non-shower mommy days. It actually works really good, and I'm one that seems to have especially greasy hair. For darker hair color, just rub it in really good so it doesn't look gray.

2) To clean your windows, instead of using Windex or other glass cleaning products, dilute about 1 TB Dawn Dish Soap to a half gallon to a gallon of water and wash with a cloth or glass cleaner tool for outside windows. Then use a squeege (spelling? sorry). It works great and doesn't leave a residue like Windex does. I also use it on my glass coffee table and on my mirrors.

3)To avoid getting floaties in your drinks from your ice cubes, rinse off the tray of ice cubes before using.

4)To peel egg shells from a hard boiled egg, use a spoon to go underneath the shell.

5)And I just found this website that is fun for planning birthday parties. It's from Toys R Us, http://www.birthdaysrus.com/
There's fun party ideas, theme ideas, activities, printable cards, and coloring pages. And it's free to join their birthday club. Whitney got $3 to spend in the store and also got a balloon and birthday crown when we went to the store last week to pick out a present.

1 comment: