Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year Traditions

I heard once about some research that was done that explained that children raised in a home full of traditions had a stronger identity. With this in mind, I have tried hard to keep family traditions alive as well as adopt new ones that Marc and I deem fun/worthwhile.

I spent some time living in Asia and New Years is a BIG deal there. Some traditions I picked up from over there include:

Making lanterns; Lucy holds her's up and says, "It's my Chinese".
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/5304760/322329-main_Full.jpg

The giving of red envelopes. In Asia they are filled with money. I plan to fill them with other little treats until my children are a bit older.
http://moonbeam041.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/red-envelope.jpg
We also plan to eat Chinese Food for New Years as well, but my favorite tradition by far is how they clean everything so you have a fresh clean start with the start of a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment