Monday, March 22, 2010

What to do for a cold?

We are struggling with a cold that has managed to make everyone in our family sick except for me. Needless to say, I always seem to forget all the things to do when my baby has a cold. With all this fresh in my mind, I thought I'd right it down:

Signs that you need to see a Doctor:
1) Dehydration (dry diapers, no tears when they cry)
2) Fever of 101.5 or higher that doesn't come down with Tylenol
3) Rattle sound in the lungs
4) Whistle/wheezing when they breathe
5) Coughing so hard it makes them throw up
6) Signs of ear infections (tugging at ears, waking up with a piercing "I'm hurt" cry)

What you can do for them:
1) Tylenol as directed
2) Saline drops in the nose
3) Essential oils/Vicks rubbed on their chest and feet
4) Plenty of liquids
5) Humidifier
6) PRAY

What else have I forgotten? I'm on night 6 of very little sleep. Please feel free to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment